Zum Inhalt springen
IGNORED

Neu auf Deutschland, die deutsche Sprache und deutsche Gesetze Schusswaffen.

Socrates

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hallo an alle.

Ich habe vor kurzem nach Deutschland aus Südafrika und ich musste alle meine Waffen in den Prozess zu verkaufen. Ich möchte Dreharbeiten wieder beginnen, sobald ich ein respektables Maß an Kompetenz mit der deutschen Sprache atained.

Ich hoffe, so viel wie möglich zu lernen aus dem Forum und seine Mitglieder.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

T

Ich möchte Dreharbeiten wieder beginnen, sobald ich ein respektables Maß an Kompetenz mit der deutschen Sprache atained.

Google Translate made a whopper of a mistake here, You wanted "shooting" and got "shooting film". Hello and Welcome.

Why did You have to sell all Your guns, who made that decision ? Similar to an heir You had a monetary and emotional interest toward the guns, which might have entitled You to a license of posession. You might have had to give up the ammunition, until the necessary qualifications for further permits have been attained. Or was the export/import license not granted ?

Where are You based, so we might fix You up with a gun club, what is Your Interest in the area of shooting ? Long range precision is mostly limited by the ranges, 300m is probably the longest and those are few and far between, Pistol Ranges (25m) are rather more plentiful.

Just checked Your profile, so You're in Ahaus in Münsterland. Too far from my stomping grounds.

Google Translate made a whopper of a mistake here, You wanted "shooting" and got "shooting film". Hello and Welcome.

Why did You have to sell all Your guns, who made that decision ? Similar to an heir You had a monetary and emotional interest toward the guns, which might have entitled You to a license of posession. You might have had to give up the ammunition, until the necessary qualifications for further permits have been attained. Or was the export/import license not granted ?

Where are You based, so we might fix You up with a gun club, what is Your Interest in the area of shooting ? Long range precision is mostly limited by the ranges, 300m is probably the longest and those are few and far between, Pistol Ranges (25m) are rather more plentiful.

It was just easier to sell them that side. Between getting married, learning German, and settling in to Germany I didn't want the hassle of struggling with import permits etc. I had a couple of Glock's and assorted handguns, hunting rifles, a shotgun and a nice BRNO .22 rife. I carried a Glock 19 for personal protection the last year and before that I S&W MP9 for a couple of years. It was already a big adjustment not having a gun on me all the time - but I like it better that way. It's a nuisance to have had to carry it all the time.

I participated in IDPA (Defensive Pistol Shooting)-Which I believe is not a recognized (legal?) sport in Germany, black powder shooting and long range shooting.

At this stage I would like to get back into some form of pistol shooting like IPSC/Steel shooting/Bowling Pin shooting. I'll look what is closest to me and go from there. Just before I left SA I was looking at shotgun shooting as well.

I live in Ahaus, NRW - on the border with the Netherlands.

IDPA is believed to teach combat shooting, which is prohibited by german law, IPSC is franchised by BDS here in Germany, some rules concerning stage design are rather restrictive.

There's Clubs in Borghorst, Borken and Heek, You can find them in Lists on the BDSlv4.de Page, you might have to get Your wife to navigate. If You want to acquire sport guns, the process takes 1 1/2 years roughly.

For Hunting You'll have to take a very tough, very involved am often expensive course before getting a license.

Good Luck

Th

IDPA is believed to teach combat shooting, which is prohibited by german law, IPSC is franchised by BDS here in Germany, some rules concerning stage design are rather restrictive.

There's Clubs in Borghorst, Borken and Heek, You can find them in Lists on the BDSlv4.de Page, you might have to get Your wife to navigate. If You want to acquire sport guns, the process takes 1 1/2 years roughly.

For Hunting You'll have to take a very tough, very involved am often expensive course before getting a license.

Good Luck

Herzlichen Dank!

I'll go have a look. I first want to get settled in before I start buying firearms again, so waiting more than a year suits me just fine. The wife is anti-hunting (yet she is perfectly okay with my Zebra skin I brought with :). I won't start hunting anytime soon, so I'll have to go the sport route for now.

Ouch. Google and Babelfish, horrible translations most of the time. Oh, by the way, try our English Language Forum here.

If you visit Paderborn, you might find a name you find in Durban, too. Does Stielau ring a bell? Never mind if not :D

Have a good time here. Even if our "Greens" remind you to a mental place :D

At this stage I would like to get back into some form of pistol shooting like IPSC/Steel shooting/Bowling Pin shooting. I'll look what is closest to me and go from there. Just before I left SA I was looking at shotgun shooting as well.

I live in Ahaus, NRW - on the border with the Netherlands.

Welcome to Westphalia then. I am a member of the BDS club in Heek. We can only shoot bullseye pistol at

25 m, shotgun and rifle at 50 and 100 meters. Some of my fellow shooters are heavily into Trap and Skeet

shooting, there are ranges in Coesfeld and Hopsten.

Every once in a while I go to Borken or Borgholzhausen to practice IPSC. While some other clubs

shoot IPSC in Borgholzhausen at regular dates, we have to rent the range in Borken beforehand and

arrange for an RO. If you want to join, just drop me line.

Regards,

uwe

Thank you. I just started the German course from Goethe. I can say Hello and Goodbye at the moment and for the rest I have to rely on Google Translate.

Howzit,

Welkom by Duitsland! Vang stadig met die skiet en probeer eers om hierdie taal te leer. Dit is vinnig met Afrikaans, glo my, maar Goethe Institut sal ook baie help.

Hi, Welcome to Germany! Start off shooting slowly and first learn this language. With Afrikaans it should progress fast, believe me, but Goethe Institute will help a lot as well.

Bianchi

Hello Socrates,

a very warm welcome from Hesse! I hope you get accustomed soon to German gun culture. Germany in general is more anti-gun, but then again you do not really need a gun here to ensure your physical well being.

Should you have obtained German citizenship already I advise you to vote for FDP this year (German liberals, the are pro capitalism, but also pro freedom rights, gun rights and citizen rights). There will be some black sheep (those concerned certainly will know :P ) who'll tell you otherwise but don't listen to them, they are tinfoil hats. Germany hasn't the same attitude towards guns then the US or ZA which might need some getting used to. But overall to this point I think one can live with it.

Anyways again welcome to my homecountry and I hope it'll become your home soon!

Best regards

Holger :)

Welcome to Westphalia then. I am a member of the BDS club in Heek. We can only shoot bullseye pistol at

25 m, shotgun and rifle at 50 and 100 meters. Some of my fellow shooters are heavily into Trap and Skeet

shooting, there are ranges in Coesfeld and Hopsten.

Every once in a while I go to Borken or Borgholzhausen to practice IPSC. While some other clubs

shoot IPSC in Borgholzhausen at regular dates, we have to rent the range in Borken beforehand and

arrange for an RO. If you want to join, just drop me line.

Regards,

uwe

Thank you very much! I will definitely drop you a line due course.

Howzit,

Welkom by Duitsland! Vang stadig met die skiet en probeer eers om hierdie taal te leer. Dit is vinnig met Afrikaans, glo my, maar Goethe Institut sal ook baie help.

Hi, Welcome to Germany! Start off shooting slowly and first learn this language. With Afrikaans it should progress fast, believe me, but Goethe Institute will help a lot as well.

Bianchi

Howzit! Sal defnitief so maak. Ek toets maar eers die water. Het 'n paar ander goed om op te fokus voor ek weer begin skiet. Sal my genoeg tyg gee om Duits baas te raak.

​Hi, Will definitely do that. Just testing the water at the moment. I have a couple of priorities that first need my attention before I can start shooting again. It will give me enough time to learn German.

Hello Socrates,

a very warm welcome from Hesse! I hope you get accustomed soon to German gun culture. Germany in general is more anti-gun, but then again you do not really need a gun here to ensure your physical well being.

Should you have obtained German citizenship already I advise you to vote for FDP this year (German liberals, the are pro capitalism, but also pro freedom rights, gun rights and citizen rights). There will be some black sheep (those concerned certainly will know :P ) who'll tell you otherwise but don't listen to them, they are tinfoil hats. Germany hasn't the same attitude towards guns then the US or ZA which might need some getting used to. But overall to this point I think one can live with it.

Anyways again welcome to my homecountry and I hope it'll become your home soon!

Best regards

Holger :)

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I am enjoying your home country very much. I read a couple of post and it seems that German and South African gun owners are in the same boat.

I am a long way off from German citizenship, but it seems like the road I will take. The wife made it very clear that she is not moving to SA, so I figured I may as well settle into Germany.

Kind regards

T

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist jetzt archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt.

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Bitte beachten Sie folgende Informationen: Nutzungsbedingungen, Datenschutzerklärung, Community-Regeln.
Wir haben Cookies auf Deinem Gerät platziert. Das hilft uns diese Webseite zu verbessern. Du kannst die Cookie-Einstellungen anpassen, andernfalls gehen wir davon aus, dass Du damit einverstanden bist, weiterzumachen.