Zum Inhalt springen
IGNORED

Defense Minister Guttenberg will resign on Tuesday

hrt4me

Empfohlene Beiträge

Is it surprising that Defense Minister Guttenberg feels forced to resign due to the mounting pressure from the scandal resulting from accusations of plagiarism in his doctoral dissertation?

My opinion 2 weeks was: scandal and pressure.

My opionion now: for 99,99999% he used a ghost writer.

Nobody quotes 2/3 - even from newspapers - in a dissertation.

BTW: lots of newspapers supported him in the last weeks.

Under this cirucumstance he should have resigned 2 weeks ago.

When I wrote my "Diplomarbeit" I felt guilty if I copied 2 or 3 sentences from other peoples work.

I can see no sign of regret, even today he talked about the soldiers in Afghanistan.

They were always an excuse not to quit his job when it would have been time.

In a few years he can start a new campaign for "Bundeskanzler" together with "his" BILD newspaper.

Hopefully we can go back to normal now.

As ever it's a complex problem. To answer the Question literally: No it's not really surprising that v.Guttenberg resigned. The pressure of political opponents, the media and probably his fellow party members did not show signs of abating. That it came so soon after his profession of being willing to fulfill his obligations and fighting for his position is the only remarkable circumstance.

It might even be owed to tactical considerations as in "being hounded from office" and making a rehabilitation in a few years. We'll see. Fact is:an Identifying figure of censervatism was removed from political play, the Middle-right Media, espeecially "Bild" Newspaper seems to be the next target(s) of Mainstream publishers. Suddenly there is a plethora of media critics gunning for anyone having supported v.Guttenberg.

The cynical Question of "cui bono" remains and the answers point to

a ) Chancellors Party CDU and Coalition-Partner FDP

b ) political opposition parties Green, Left and SPD

for a ) to prevent further damage and to raise other topics to forefront, for b ) to have another opponent gone, with a developing grass-roots Supporter Base

We'll see what happens in the publicized Opinion next.

In my opinion this is proof that he didnt used a (payed) ghostwriter. A professional should have done a better job.... :rolleyes:

You get what you pay for. ;)

I think it was about time for him to quit. He lost his credibility.

Although we had worse politicians who remained in place.

Or do you discus to get better in english?
:gutidee: But may be one of the native speakers or even MS Word can do better than me?
Hi, please excuse my question.

Is it nesscesssary to discus about the minister of defense at the international board of "Waffen-Online"?

I think this is lokcal problem and nobody outside gGermany cares about who is minister of defense in Germany.

Or do you discus to get become better in eEnglish?

Edit: sorry for going OT.

• 5 Wochen später...
Is it possible you ment to say "Have worst politicians who remain in place " ?

Pickett

The little things are those which make us fall on the nose (who had ever thought I got poetic ? )

I think, (a few) someon(s)e is/are still rolling on the floor, laughing for getting rid of a competitor - and Angie is smiling a little

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist jetzt archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt.

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Bitte beachten Sie folgende Informationen: Nutzungsbedingungen, Datenschutzerklärung, Community-Regeln.
Wir haben Cookies auf Deinem Gerät platziert. Das hilft uns diese Webseite zu verbessern. Du kannst die Cookie-Einstellungen anpassen, andernfalls gehen wir davon aus, dass Du damit einverstanden bist, weiterzumachen.