Zum Inhalt springen
IGNORED

Loads of the champs

Peter K

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi Saul,

it´s nice to have you here in this wo-forum! I hope that a lot of the german wo-users will not be afraid to use their "school-english" and take part in this new wo-"playground".

I´d like to ask you one "reloading"-question:

Which loads (bullet, powder, case) do the "champions" use for their open blasters and limited guns (.38SA, ... and .40)? Do the champs favor some companies? Are there some "standard-loads" where you can say that "this load is constantly accurate in many guns"?

In Antwort auf:

Which loads (bullet, powder, case) do the "champions" use for their open blasters and limited guns (.38SA, ... and .40)? Do the champs favor some companies? Are there some "standard-loads" where you can say that "this load is constantly accurate in many guns"?

I'll try it with my "school-english" blush.gif

Why do you speak only about .38SA, ... and .40? What about 9mm ?

rainbow.gif

Hi Guys,

thanks for your interest in my Forum. I will do what I can to share the info I have about IPSC shooting. that is what I do through Double-Alpha Academy "promote excellence in IPSC shooting"... So I will offer replies as best I can.

As for "School English" please don't hesitate to use it! It surely will be better than my German... crazy.gif

You're are asking about loads: Well, you have hit on the one topic I would rather not get into to. Not that it's not important - just that I don't know all that much about it. You see, I did not grow up loading ammo as a shooter.. In Israel we are not allowed to reload mad.gif - so I only started to reload ammo about 3 years ago when I can to live in Holland. And since I was already sponsored by Winchester and Vectan, I went straight to 124gr RN Win bullets and SP2 powder, which I like very much. And I can offer no info on loading 40SW, since I have never done so...

I can tell you that today I am loading 9.2pr SP2 in a WIN9x23 case, with small rifle primers, pushing a 124gr RN bullet at about 1350. So my target PF is about 167-168. When shooting in the US I turn that up a little, as there you have to make 165 not 160 to pass.

As for 9mm: funny you should bring that up - because as we speak I am having a new barrel put in my gun for 9x19 to shoot open major with. I see no reason why this should not work, and I hate picking up brass so.... chrisgrinst.gif

I'll try it for a while, and if I don't like it, I can always go back to 9x23 or 38Scomp.

Does anyone have any experience loading 9x19 major? I'd like to hear it.

In Antwort auf:

As for 9mm: funny you should bring that up - because as we speak I am having a new barrel put in my gun for 9x19 to shoot open major with. I see no reason why this should not work, and I hate picking up brass so....
chrisgrinst.gif

I'll try it for a while, and if I don't like it, I can always go back to 9x23 or 38Scomp.

Does anyone have any experience loading 9x19 major? I'd like to hear it.

@ Swichty: what did you say?

I´m sure that there is no 9mm-Para-Hype for an professional IPSC-competitor in OPEN-divisions. chrisgrinst.gif

@ Saul: I have no problem with 9mm major... But reloading is my husbands work... Hi takes 8,2 grs SP2 and 125 grs H&N bullets, standard primers and OAL 30.....

But he said, if you use a barrel with hybrid, you need 8,5 grs SP2..

I hope, my english is correct enough for these theme... rolleyes.gif

Silke

@Silke,

Again, there is really no "HYPE" for using 9PARA in OPENDIVISION cool.gif, but since changing the PF to 160 some competitors in EU started using 9PARA more and more.

Thats ok, cause it seems to work ( but sometimes not really well ). Go on, ´lots dont care ´bout this. But I`m happy to get something new to know tongue.gif.

in any case:

with best regards, and a friendly

D V C

Schwichty2011

9x19 Major; this works as reliable as any other configuration when you have the right gunsmith. I have the luck to now some of austrian finest( they have a 10 year experience with this caliber and they now every flinch your maybe can have . So dealing with the caliber is no problem. My load out of a multiport comp with 3 hybrid holes ist 8.5 grain SP 2 Oal 30,2mm Winchester small pistol magnum primers and Hirtenberger once fired 9x19 cases. Makes faktor 171 so i have not to change loads when i shoot in the US. The ejection port is opend to the max in i use a caspian 9mm extractor some prefer the aftec model, scope is the c-more ( Yes Georg with this point the tuning is a little bit more difficult but it w o r k s . And Schwichty of course the 38 s u p e r and similar calibers sounds very cool but whenn i look at the cost of the brass i .... grlaugh.gifgrlaugh.gifgrlaugh.gif021.gif021.gif021.gif ( uups there is none....... AZZANGEL.gif)

Best regards

Windtalker

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist jetzt archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt.

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Bitte beachten Sie folgende Informationen: Nutzungsbedingungen, Datenschutzerklärung, Community-Regeln.
Wir haben Cookies auf Deinem Gerät platziert. Das hilft uns diese Webseite zu verbessern. Du kannst die Cookie-Einstellungen anpassen, andernfalls gehen wir davon aus, dass Du damit einverstanden bist, weiterzumachen.